Jecheon is a city located in Chungcheong Province of South Korea. The city's name derives from the Korean words "Je", which means "Dam", and cheon which means River.
It is not quite well known to foreigners but Jecheon is the city like hidden gem. Jecheon is the hub railway junction connects Seoul, north and south Gangwon province. And also Jecheon has a variety of scenic natural attractions such as Cheongpung Lake, Mt.Bibong where you can look down the magnificent view of Cheongpung Lake.
In addition Cheongpung Cultural Heritage Complex exhibits a variety of cultural heritages and artifacts that were collected from the region. And Jecheon is famous for extreme sports complex and this draws a lot of people love extreme sports. Jecheon is designated as one of the Korean Tourism cities this year. If you want to go out of Seoul for healing, trip to Jecheon will be worthful for sure. Among those attractions, this tour will take you to Cheongpung Monorail park surrounded by beautiful mountains and lake also Extreme sports land in a day.
Cheongpung lake Monorail provide for people to go up to the peak of Mt.Bibong and on the peak point, you can look down picturesque wide-open view of Cheongpungho lake surrounded by mountains and major attractions like Cheongpung Cultural Heritage Complex and Mt.Woraksan at one sight.
The monorail is the only one unmanned-electric monorail which goes through the forests up to the peak. When you stand by on the platform, you may feel extreme tense or scary due to the dizzy steep gradient of the rail, But once you get on it, you will admire its comfort, safety and human being`s technology running by just electric without a man.
If you avert your eyes for a while, you will see wildlife animals like rabbits, birds and wild pigs among the trees and you will reach soon to the peak feeling winds from the cool forests and seeing the landscape of Cheongpung lake slowly appears.
It takes approx 50 mins for roundtrip and capacity is 6 persons.
Whoever doesn`t know paragliding can fly easily with a professional pilot.
Without rigid pre-education of paragliding, you can start flying from the peak of Mt.Bibong.
You will sit in a harness suspended below a fabric wing comprising a large number of interconnected baffled cells with a professional pilot. Wing shape is maintained by the suspension lines, the pressure of air entering vents in the front of the wing, and the aerodynamic forces of the air flowing over the outside.
The spread breathtaking view you look down while you fly will magnify your joy of flying. The flying takes 10-15mins and you can choose the type of paragliding.
A. Standard Paragliding: Standard descent from the top of Mt.Bibong
B. Extreme Paragliding: Descent with extreme flying from the top of Mt.Bibong(Free video recording offered)
C. Motor Paragliding: Taking off right from the ground by motor and landing (Free video recording offered)
CHEONGPUNG EXTREME SPORTS LAND
Cheongpung Land is a theme park built in 2002 near Cheongpungho Lake as extreme sports park.
It has four major extreme fun facilities
1. Bungee Jump: It is Korea`s highest bungee jump 62-meters. And people jump down facing Cheongpung Lake feeling extreme thrill. You may hesitate to jump down when you look down ground on the top of tower. For your safety, dual safety belt is attached and artificial pool is set up at the falling point of the lake.
2. Ejection Seat: This is the first one of Korea ever. It is also called “reverse bungee jump” and its original meaning indicates the facility that a fighter pilot use in escape case. It is shot up to 162m sky and drop rotating and spinning in the direction of gravity.
Its instantaneous maximum speed is 120 km/h.
3. Cable Coaster(Zip Wire): It is the longest zip wire of Korea with 1.4km roundtrip. From the tower, you will descend to landing point cross the lake for only few minutes.
4. Big Swing: It makes you feel fly like Super man. You will be drawn up to 40m high point and drop down forward drawing semi-circle under no-gravity. It swings 3-4times and capacity is 4pax.
Check out the Cheongpungho Monorail
Check out the Cheongpung Extreme sports Land
Enjoy riding a Monorail and seeing wild life animals in the forests
See wide-open view of Cheongpung lake surrounded mountains
Ride a paragliding and fly to the sky overlooking cheongpung lake from the top of Mt.Bibong
Experience the extreme fun rides like bungee jump, zip wire, ejection seat and big swing.
Cheongpung Lake Monorail Video
Cheongpung Paragliding Video
Cheongpung Land - Bungee Jump Video
Cheongpung Land - Ejection Seat Video
Cheongpung Land - Big Swing Video
Cheongpungho Lake Monorail
Wide-open view on the peak
Minimum : 2 Pax
Day 01 SEOUL - JECHEON - SEOUL
Pick up at your hotel
Transfer to Jecheon City
Cheongpung Monorail Tour
Return to Seoul
Drop off at your hotel
English Speaking Tour Guide
Door to door roundtrip transfer service with private vehicle
Admission Fee for cheongpung monorail trip
All the admission fee of extreme activities
- Paragliding: Standard(KRW110,000),
- Bungee Jump: KRW40,000
- Zip wire: KRW30,000
- Ejection Seat: KRW20,000
- Big Swing: KRW18,000
Tip for a guide
Dec, Jan, Feb is not available
Some of extreme activities may be closed subject to weather condition.
Weight limit of Bungee jump, Zip wire, Ejection Seat and Big swing is less than 100kg.
Ejection Seat and Big Swing is available from minimun 2 people.
Terms & Conditions
1. RESERVATIONS / DEPOSITS / FINAL PAYMENTS
a. 30% of the total amount as deposit is due within 7 days of our confirmation if otherwise specified.
b. Final payment must be received by Sweetravel Korea 14 days prior to tour departure date.
c. Failure to comply with deposit and final payment requirements will cause cancellation of your reservation.
2. CANCELLATION & REFUND
a. All cancellations must be received by Sweetravel Korea in writing.
b. The following penalties shall apply, if otherwise specified.
- If you cancel more than 30 days before scheduled tour departure in Korea, there will be no cancellation charge.
- If you cancel 15-29 days before scheduled tour departure in Korea, the cancellation charge will be 20% of the listed tour fare.
- If you cancel 8-14 days before scheduled tour departure in Korea, the cancellation charge will be 50% of the listed tour fare.
- If you cancel 1-7 days before scheduled tour departure in Korea, the cancellation charge will be 80% of the listed tour fare.
- If you cancel on or after tour departure date in Korea, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
No show will be considered as a cancellation on tour departure date
For a refund, We will refund after deduction of cancellation charge and any commission may occur during money transfer.
#CheongpunghoLake, #CheongpungMonorail, #KoreaMonorail, #KoreaExtremeSports, #CheongpungLand, #BugeeJump, #BigSwing, #EjectionSeat, #KoreaParagliding